It has already been well established that the metal, silver, that you make jewelry out of, has a somewhat unique property: It kills nearly all pathogens on contact. I say, “nearly all” because it doesn’t kill absolutely every single pathogen. There are 5 or 6 bacteria that are not only not killed by silver, they LIKE silver, they EAT it. You will see some of these bacteria, for example, involved in the tarnish that accrues on the surface of silverware or silver jewelry (along with oxidation). But none of these bacteria hurt human beings. There are also some fungi that silver does not readily kill.
I have read claims that silver only kills “unfriendly” bacteria and not “friendly” bacteria, but this is not true. Try to make yogurt with milk into which you have poured colloidal silver! It won’t work, because the silver killed the “friendly” acidophilus bacteria.