Ancient Purity proudly presents and Ancient Remedy… Castor Oil is an unsaturated fatty acid, a ricinoleic acid found in castor oil has many healing abilities, Traditionally used internally as a laxative, externally as a Castor Oil Pack placed on the skin to increase circulation, promote elimination and healing of the tissues and organs. Its used to stimulate the liver, relieve pain, increase lymphatic circulation, reduce inflammation, and improve digestion.
Folk healers worldwide have used castor oil to treat a wide variety of health conditions for thousands of years. The use of castor oil goes as far back as the ancient Egyptians, who used it to treat eye irritations and as a powerful natural skin care remedy. In India, castor oil has been prized for its skin-healing, digestive-soothing, anti-bacterial properties and is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine practices. Derived from the seeds of the castor bean plant (Ricinus communis), records show that many years ago the plant was referred to as “Palma Christe” because the shape of the plant’s leaves were said to resemble the palm of Christ.
- Supports the lymphatic system.
- Increases circulation.
- Helps prevent growth of bacteria, yeasts and moulds, antiviral.
- Fights skin disorders and infections.
- Helps against ringworm, keratoses, skin inflammation, abrasions and fungal infections.
- Promotes health over acne.
- Vital in helping hair grow.
- Can reduce itching and swelling on the skin.
- Typically used in easing constipation.
- Ideal for hydrating chapped lips.
- Reduces painful sunburns.
Though mainly known as one of Edgar Cayce’s most famous remedies, Castor Oil has a long history of traditional medical use dating back to the ancient world. For centuries, at the first sign of illness, many parents would immediately turn to give their children castor oil either topically or internally to naturally boost immune function and speed up healing.