All ingredients are natural and organic and this body butter is made with pure love.
- Caribbean Gold Sea moss – Sea moss gel (Irish moss) has an incredible amount of healthful properties with over 90 minerals including Vitamins A, E, F and K, calcium, potassium and sulfur.
- Pure Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe vera gel contains powerful antioxidants belonging to a large family of substances known as polyphenols.These polyphenols, along with several other compounds in aloe vera, help inhibit the growth of certain bacteria that can cause infections in humans.Aloe vera is known for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic properties. This is part of why it may help heal wounds and treat skin problems.
- Apricot Kernal Oil – Softens Skin, apricot oil helps to improve skin tone, maintain softness and radiance of the skin. It also nourishes the skin and lowers the appearance of face wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes (that’s the Vitamin C and E working in partnership). Used topically, this oil moisturises dry, sensitive skin and smoothes out blemishes, wrinkles, fine lines and other symptoms of maturing skin… applied to itchy, chapped, wounded or sore skin, apricot kernel oil helps to facilitate faster healing.
- Rosehip Oil – Rosehip oil contains vitamin C and vitamin A. It also contains essential fatty acids such as… oleic acid, palmitic acid, linoleic acid and gamma linolenic acid.Rosehip oil is also a good source of vitamin F, a fatty acid made of linoleic acid and alpha-linoleic acid. The benefits of the vitamin A are reducing and reversing sun damage, reducing wrinkles, reducing hyperpigmentation, treating mild to moderate acne.
- Jojoba Oil – It’s moisturising, antibacterial, noncomedogenic and hypoallergenic. Jojoba oil regulates sebum production because it’s so similar to the sebum that your body produces naturally.When you put jojoba oil on your skin, your skin is soothed and moisturized. This sends a signal to your hair and sweat follicles that your skin doesn’t need additional sebum for hydration. This keeps skin from looking oily and helps prevent acne caused by clogged pores.
- Mango butter – Mango Butter is cold pressed and rendered from the seed kernel of the Mango tree. This highly prized butter is an exceptional quality base ingredient for body care products and soap making recipes. Mango Butter has beneficial moisturising properties and adds a luxurious emollient feel to products while also acting as a mild lubricant for the skin. It is very similar in colour and texture to cocoa butter and is a great source of essential fatty acids. It is an ideal ingredient to use in skin care and sun tan preparation and a super fatting agent in soap. Mango Butter has wound healing qualities and is used as an application for ulcerations, fissures of the lips, hands and chapped skin etc; and in wounds and sores which are inflamed. Chemically it is mainly composed of glycerides of oleic and stearic acids.
- Capuacu butter – Cupuacu Butter is an excellent substitute for cocoa butter, the difference being the white pulp of the Cupuacu is uniquely fragrant and it contains theacrine instead of the xanthines, found in cocao. Cupuacu, a semi-solid triglyceride, has been shown to increase skin hydration and reduce transepidermal water loss. Cupuacu also contains a range of phytosterols which exert an anti-inflammatory action in skin care by acting as free radical scavengers and are useful as carriers for active ingredients which by themselves cannot easily penetrate into the skin. It acts as an emollient to confer softness and a conditioned feel on the skin. Cupuacu has a tremendous capacity for water absorption and offers proven skin moisturising benefits that help restore the skin’s natural humidity and elasticity.
- Avocado oil – This oil is a thick and heavy fast absorbent oil derived from avocado seeds. Its botanical name is persea gratissima. The refined avocado oil is pale yellow in colour while unrefined avocado oil is dark green. The refined avocado oil barely has a smell but the unrefined avocado oil smells nutty. Avocado oil contains various fatty acids like palmitic acid, linoleic, oleic acid and linolenic acid. Other compounds includes minerals and vitamins A, C, D and E. Avocado oil is a wonderful antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory skin care moisturiser. Avocado oil increases collagen synthesis and thus helps in skin conditions like skin redness, wrinkles and psoriasis.
- Kokum butter – This naturally white and incredibly smooth butter has enormously high compositions of beneficial materials to help regenerate tired and worn skin cells and further supports elasticity and general flexibility of the skin wall. Kokum Butter contains anti-oxidants and possesses natural skin healing and regeneration properties and as such can often be found in formulas designed to prevent drying of the skin, help heal ulcers, heal fissures of the lips, hands and soles of feet.
- MSM Sulpher – Topical methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) compounds offer an ideal way to maintain healthy skin without using synthetic ingredients, which is especially important when you want to avoid using harsh chemical medications on skin that is sensitive or tender. MSM is a naturally occurring chemical compound made up of carbon, hydrogen, sulfur and oxygen atoms, which together make up part of a class of chemicals known as organosulfers. MSM is naturally produced in the human body.