Bilberries (Vaccinium Myrtillus) are a natural source of anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are polyphenolic components that give Bilberry its blue/black colour and super-high antioxidant content. These powerful anthocyanins are believed to be the key bioactives responsible for the numerous health benefits of bilberry and similar berry fruits.
Bilberry is most famous for its ability to improve vision, but it has been reported to lower blood glucose, have anti-inflammatory and lipid-lowering effects, promote antioxidant defense and lower oxidative stress. Bilberry contains numerous phenolic compounds, including the flavonols, quercetin and catechins, tannins, ellagitannins and phenolic acids; however, the anthocyanins found in the bilberry are, by far, the largest contribution to its phytonutrient density. These phenolic compounds are antioxidants as well as iron chelators, which may help remove heavy metals in the body and used in chelation therapy.
- Clean, Absorbable, Delicious Bilberry Extract Powder.
- Amazing addition to desserts, yoghurt, porridge.
- Powerful Air-Dried 4:1 Extract – Typical 25% Anthocyanins.
- Cellular Powerhouse.
- Visionary Health.
- Antioxidant Defence.
- Fruit Powered Detoxification.
- Improves Circulation and Blood Vessels.
- Ingredient for the Ultimate Smoothie.
- FREE-FROM from anything nasty at all.